Posted On 07 January 2010 by on Crafts for Girls, Family Fun

DressPatternsHeader

I don’t know if any of you have ever visited the AGPlaythings.com website? They have a great message board over there for American Girl Doll Collectors and although I admittedly have a limited amount of time, I love to browse the boards and see what is happening. I don’t know how I missed it – especially since it is one of our customers biggest requests – but right there on the site they have free American Doll Dress Patterns to download and print out right from the site. Don’t think these are tacky American Girl Doll Dress Patterns either. No sirree – these are the real deal. The actual retired American Girl Doll Dress Patterns straight from American Girl themselves.

44 Responses to “Free American Girl Doll Clothes Patterns”

1. Julie Wilson Solorz says:

I am having trouble opening the links for the free patterns. This is my first visit to the site.

January 7th, 2010 at 3:46 pm

2. Sheryl says:

Are there any free crochet and knitting patterns for the american girl?

January 31st, 2010 at 3:04 pm

3. laura brooks says:

Julie,

I had no problem opening the linkd but I had to download them first. THey were well worth it. There are pattern pieces that are full sized and all the directions to sew them. The first page of the download is a color shot of the dresses included. This is a great site!!!

February 4th, 2010 at 2:26 am

4. SailAwayAK says:

How very exciting that you have linked up to our site at AGPlaythings!

I love the patterns and was so excited when we were able to include them for collectors and enthusiasts who wanted to sew for their dolls.

With the retirement of Samantha and Kirsten my girls needed new duds. I have only just gotten to the point where I am making the clothes from the patterns. If anyone needs help with the patterns please feel free to run into the HomeEc section of the forum and get some answers from fellow seamstresses.

February 23rd, 2010 at 6:09 pm

5. Pamela Graham says:

I, too cannot download them, it says to click on the image but there is no image just a megabite download amount and the word download? Please advise. Thanks, Pamela Graham

February 25th, 2010 at 9:05 am

6. LisaMarie says:

Thanks for giving our customers a place to get help :-) We often get questions and calls and now we can refer them here :-)

February 25th, 2010 at 9:46 am

7. LisaMarie says:

Hi Pamela – AGPlaythings says you can visit their forum to get support. I have heard from other customers that they are very helpful.

February 25th, 2010 at 9:47 am

8. strollerfreak says:

Thank you!!!! If you click on the image of each girl’s pattern it will download a zipped file (blahblah.pdf.zip). You must unzip each pattern set before it will be in a useable format.

February 25th, 2010 at 12:16 pm

9. edith brown says:

Thank you so much. Using the patterns to great results. Helps get thru this snowy winter. No problem down loading them.

February 27th, 2010 at 9:35 am

10. Carol says:

The free doll clothes patterns take a long time to download, and then must be unzipped. They’re very nice if you can get ‘em. As for knit and crochet patterns — there are loads! Check out http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com or http://www.crochetpatterncenter.com, for example.

March 21st, 2010 at 3:13 pm

11. Michelle says:

Great Patterns, I made a blouse just adapting the PJ top and the sleeves were a lot easier than I expected. Are there any other patterns, well written like these available for contemporary clothes? Thanks so much!!

March 22nd, 2010 at 12:11 am

12. LisaMarie says:

Hi Michelle – we are working on making more contemporary patterns available via Emily Rose. Stay tuned :-)

March 22nd, 2010 at 8:49 am

13. Natalie Leonard says:

You need to down load the Adobe 9 which is on the site. It is safe and that should help your problems

March 28th, 2010 at 8:21 pm

14. Vivi says:

Cool! I hope to soon make them with my cousins they also do help alot!:)

April 17th, 2010 at 7:53 pm

15. blondine morgan says:

blondine say: i WOULD LIKE FREE KNITTING AND CROCHET PATTERNS FOR AMERICAN DOLL MAY 6th,2010

May 6th, 2010 at 6:47 pm

16. CC says:

Thank you SO MUCH for the link to the patterns! My niece’s birthday is coming up and she asked me to make some pajamas for her American Girl doll – lucky for me, there was a pattern specifically for pajamas!

May 13th, 2010 at 1:05 pm

17. Ashley says:

I have downloaded it, but I am having much trouble opening the actual file.

May 26th, 2010 at 6:18 pm

18. Chris says:

I’m looking for crocheted hat patterns for the American Girl…. Like the Kitt hat. Anyone know where I may find one?

June 11th, 2010 at 8:18 pm

19. Sonja says:

Tried downloading Molly patterns. Would not even begin to download. Help!

June 15th, 2010 at 6:18 pm

20. admin says:

They are very large files Sonja. Some folks who don’t have a broadband connection are not able to download at all. They may just be slow though so give them time.

June 16th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

21. Lynn says:

How delightful to find the old patterns! Have the originals except for Josephina.

Thank you very much!

July 27th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

22. gabi says:

I like the patterns but I didn’t see anything for samantha if you could find those that would be great. But these patterns are very nice to.

August 28th, 2010 at 11:27 pm

23. Sharron says:

I would love a western outfit including hat and boots for an american girl doll any Ideas?

September 10th, 2010 at 3:42 pm

24. gloria margozewitz says:

Thank you so much for putting together this website – my grandaughter Kelly will love these clothes!

Gloria Margozewitz

September 14th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

25. Dee Burris says:

Thank you for these lovely patterns!! I enjoy the older type clothes for my dolls.
    You have to click on the photo you want,then either save or open the zip file. You have to have Adobe to get these patterns and it’s a free download.
    God bless, Dee

September 21st, 2010 at 11:39 am

26. Edie Hippern says:

Thank you for the link to these patterns. Canada has only recently gotten its own doll called Maple Lea and my granddaughter now has a Canadian Girl and an American Girl (cousins) She is going to love that I have these patterns.

November 28th, 2010 at 7:21 pm

27. Cathy says:

I am so excited to make these!  My girls love their dolls and always want more clothes.  I can sew these from fabric on hand at a fraction of the cost of buying from the catalog and they will mean more to the girls when they come from Grandma!

December 23rd, 2010 at 1:38 pm

28. Sue N says:

My granddaughters got American Girl dolls for Christmas and I wanted to see where I could get some patterns to “dress them up!” Thank you for supplying these A/G patterns, they’re great!!!

December 26th, 2010 at 3:54 pm

29. Mema says:

What a blessing to find these patters. My grandaughters will have the best dressed dolls in the North East.

January 12th, 2011 at 10:08 am

30. anna says:

would love some AG patterns.

February 2nd, 2011 at 10:04 pm

31. Kris says:

Yes, please send free patterns.

February 14th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

32. Mary Ann says:

Are you allowed to sell clothes made from the American Girl patterns since they are out of print?

Thanks.

March 8th, 2011 at 9:47 pm

33. Pat says:

Maybe I missed it, but are these clothes for a full size doll? I am looking for patterns for a 7″ AG doll (Samantha). Anyone know where I could find some?

thanks

March 14th, 2011 at 11:56 am

34. admin says:

These clothes fit the 18 inch doll

March 15th, 2011 at 11:54 am

35. Brenda says:

thanks…2 of my Grand daughters now have dolls and I thought I would try to make clothes for them…thanks can’t wait to get started

March 22nd, 2011 at 9:20 am

36. peggyann says:

I couldnt figure how to open the file either, but then I right clicked on the image, then “save target as”. The file is compressed and large, so it will take a few minutes to download.

April 2nd, 2011 at 12:29 am

37. Odette Ferrari says:

Where are the American dolls free patterns

April 8th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

38. Pat Collins-Mattox says:

My daughter in Australia found this site.  What a gem!  I won’t have to buy any more patterns as these can be tweaked for other designs!

April 21st, 2011 at 1:12 pm

39. Lois Hines says:

I just downloaded all these patterns. I love them! I just got my grand-daughter a american girl doll and she’s going to love the clothes.

August 20th, 2011 at 5:05 pm

40. Barbara Uftring says:

was looking for Am.Grl doll pattern to match jumper I just finished for my granddaughter – what a great site
    Thanks

September 8th, 2011 at 2:20 pm

41. Eileen Jennings says:

We have some Southern Belle cards an American girl can print off and color or make paterns out of paper and glue them to a card front, for personal use. We have many friends who love the American Girl doll and also liked our Southern Belles. Mrs. J.

October 12th, 2011 at 7:39 am

42. Grandma Davis says:

Thank you for the pattern information!
    For a Grandmother on a limited income, I sincerely apppreciate being able to participate in my Granddaughter’s wished for Christmas. She is getting a hand-me-down Kristen, from a friend of mine, and I will sew clothing for her doll. Thank you so much again!

December 3rd, 2011 at 9:01 am

43. Pamela says:

Thanks so much for the patterns. Can’t wait to make some for 2 special little friends of mine that got American Girl Dolls for Christmas.

April 29th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

44. Oma Graham says:

I remember when Pleasant Co. sold these patterns for $9,99. I didn’t buy them rhen and in 1998 when my first grand daughter got her first doll, I wanted to make her some outfits and ended up paying about $50 for each one that I could find. I’m so glad for these now as some of them had missing pieces as well.

June 4th, 2012 at 2:39 am